I was at the store looking in the greeting cards section and noticed a cluster of sympathy cards. I flipped through a few and started thinking of my own.
Here are the cards worth sending to someone experiencing a loss
1. Gone but not forgotten….but after 366 days, you will be pressured to forget.
2. Wishing you peace while your laundry builds up, your house is a mess and you forget to walk the dog. I’m here if you need me.
3. He was so young! So are you! Now go out and meet someone else so I don’t feel uncomfortable around you. Don’t meet someone before a year because that’s too soon but don’t wait too long because we need you to move on!
4. With great sympathy…as your food pantry items expire and the food in your fridge smells funky, here is a casserole you will never eat. I’ve done my duty, you will never hear from me again.
5. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Nuff said…and done.
6. May the love for those around you help you through the tough days ahead but just an FYI, friends and family will say cruel and unforgivable things. Be prepared.
7. You are so strong…until 3 months from now when the real grief hits and you have many sleepless nights. Stay strong!
8.(again) Gone but not forgotten until you realize grief has changed your brain in ways you forget conversations, people, paying a bill, appointments but you remember every detail of your life together.
9. Always here for you…even when your anxiety hits so hard and I don’t hear from you-I will come over with a cup of coffee and just sit with you. NOT!
10. Sorry for your loss. Let me tell you about my aunt’s cousin’s friend’s dog. She died 12 years ago and I am still upset about it.
11. Wishing you strength for today and hope for tomorrow because this SUCKS!!!
12. Those we love don’t go away…uh, yes they do!!!!
13. When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure because the bills and funeral costs will suck the other treasure out of you. Good luck with the funeral planning!!! Casket shopping is a hoot!
Widow humor. Sorry not sorry.